What a year 2020 has been! Amongst the stress and tears of wedding postponements and cancellations, Micro Weddings have emerged. Smaller, more intimate weddings have always been around, but now (as the only way to get married during Covid 19 restrictions) they are a hot topic on social media and in the wedding press. Simply search #microwedding to see tonnes of inspiration and participating venues and suppliers.
MICRO WEDDING TABLEWARE HIRE PACKAGE
Small weddings shouldn’t be any less special due to event size restrictions; if anything, lots of couples I’ve spoken to are using their excess budget to upscale in certain areas. For some this is having their preferred menu or going for the oversized bouquet they can now afford. To make your intimate wedding tables look gorgeous I’ve put together a hire package of 15 place settings for £200. This includes a slight discount versus my standard list fee and includes the essential gold gilt crockery, crystal glassware and silver cutlery to make your place settings look luxurious. It’s important to note that this guest figure can be adjusted to suit the current government guidelines. There’s also the important factor of my collection being from a sustainable source, keeping your wedding tables eco-friendly.
Click HERE to check my availability and to enquire about the delivery fee to your venue.
If I’m honest, when weddings of only 15 people were announced I first thought – who will want such a small wedding?? But there is definitely an appeal for quite a few couples. Here are some of the advantages of a Micro Wedding:
Advantages of a Micro Wedding
- THE GUEST LIST – OK, it might be a bit tricky narrowing down your guest list to teen figures but at least you don’t have to invite your aunt Joan who you’ve never met or your parents best friends; contributing to a hefty wedding bill. You will have your nearest and dearest with you on you wedding day and no external pressures.
- IT’S INTIMATE – with guest numbers nice and small you will definitely have time to chat to all of your guests and your wedding breakfast will feel more like an intimate dinner party.
- LESS STRESS – as wedding receptions currently have restrictions in place, there are far less options for you to consider and less elements of the day to plan. Micro weddings are far more straightforward to organise.
- FORMALITY – the formality of your wedding can be as formal or as relaxed as you wish with less pressure to be more formal than you desire. If you want to avoid a traditional wedding dress, this is the perfect opportunity to treat yourself to your favourite outfit.
- MARRY NOW – PARTY LATER – for some couples the thought of waiting another year to marry is just too long. Lots of couples I’ve spoken to are having their micro wedding in the next few months and then they are planning a big party for 2021 or 2022 when life returns to normal.
- SUPPLIER AVAILABILTY – as big weddings are on hold, the chance of your favourite suppliers being available is much more likely at short notice. Lots of wedding suppliers are also offering micro wedding packages which could work in your favour financially.
There are wedding planners specialising in Micro Weddings who will plan your whole day for you such as Mrs T Weddings. Constance is offering a Sweet 15 wedding package for those who want a luxurious micro wedding. Harriet’s Table is one of the hand selected suppliers for Mrs T’s Sweet 15. Click HERE to learn more about this service.
Click HERE to check availability for your micro wedding